I was delighted when the wonderful Deep Grey Photography sent me this beautiful wedding and engagement shoot. The couple's happiness radiates through each and every shot. This wedding is definitely making us smile today:)
Will and Alicia's relationship began over email, whilst working for the same company in different offices. When they were transferred to the same office, sparks flew and the couple's friendship quickly escalated into a romance. 5 years on the couple still love working alongside each other.
Will took Alicia for a short stroll through Sirromet Winery after lunch one very special day, they admired the beauty around them and the cute, jumping wallabies. They came to a beautiful lake chapel where Will got down on one knee and asked Alicia to be his wife. From that time on, they knew where their ceremony would be held!
Their beautiful wedding was intimate, filled with their closest friends and family - even Will's Aunt conducted the service as their celebrant.. "Everything on the day unfolded just the way I thought it would and there were no nasty surprises, not even the weather which was stormy and unruly. We embraced the rain and believe this added character to our wedding and our photos. We had so much fun playing around in the rain and I was overjoyed to wear my funky leopard-print gumboots under my wedding dress." Alicia says.
I absolutely adore how the bride and groom embraced the weather on their day and had fun with it. And it made for fantastic photos and, I'm sure, some great stories and dinner table conversations.
- Photography: Deep Grey Photography
- Venue: Our ceremony was held at Sirromet's Laguna Chapel (where Will proposed) followed by our reception at the lovely Restaurant Lurleens
- Flowers: Floriginality
- Event Coordination: Alicia together with Imbue Weddings (who looked after hire items and setting up decor on the day)
- Papergoods: Huetopia Design
- Bride's Shoes: Alan Pinkus
- Bride's Dress: Brides Desire by Airs & Graces
- Bride's Veil: handmade fascinator from Etsy
- Wedding Cake: Our wedding cake was a three tiered chocolate mud cake prepared by Cake-That
- Catering: Sirromet -
- Theme of the day: Romantic with a touch of vintage glamour
Congratulations to Will and Alicia and thank you for sharing your beautiful day with us!
For more Real wedding inspiration - head over to the Real Weddings section on the Modern Wedding website.