If children are attending, plan some activities, especially for the little ones, to keep them amused throughout the celebrations. Consider these playful pinwheels. Not only are they a perfect table decoration, gift or party favour, these brightly coloured playthings will delight your little guests with hours of fun.
What you will need
- Double-sided patterned paper
- 6 mm dowel
- Small eyelet kit
- Buttons of various colours
- 2.5cm clouts/nails
- 5mm plastic tubing
- Scissors, power drill and hammer
- Hot glue gun
How to Create
- Download template
- Punch small holes where indicated in the centre and on every other point of the pinwheel.
- Bend points over and fix to the eyelet as per manufacturer's instructions. The eyelet helps to hold the pinwheel points in place.
- Cut pieces of clear plastic tubing into approximately 12mm lengths.
- Cut dowel into 46cm lengths and drill a hole that is a little smaller than the clout about 3cm from one end. This hole is to stop the dowel splitting when you hammer the clout in place.
- Assemble by first sliding the paper pinwheel onto the clout and then through the eyelet. Slide the 12mm plastic tubing onto the clout. Gently hammer the clout into the dowel leaving enough space between the tubing and dowel for the pinwheel to spin freely.
- Glue buttons onto the head of the clout.