A good conversation starter for your guests and another way to celebrate the start of a new life together is an accordion style memento booklet placed on each guest's table. Think about displaying photos of you and your husband's childhood, photos from more recent years or, as a novelty, previous generations of family brides. If you choose to display family brides it would be helpful to list them on the inside of the booklet.
- Decorative paper
- Thin cardboard for the cover
- A sheet of 160gsm paper 550 X 750mm
- Bone folder
- Double-sided tape.
How to create
- To make the cover cut out two pieces of thin cardboard 11.7 X 16.7cm and two pieces of decorative paper 14 X 19cm.
- Place strips of double-sided tape along the outside edge of the sides of the two cardboard pieces.
- Laying the right side of your decorative paper on a flat surface, place the taped side of the cardboard on the wrong side of the paper. Make sure you leave approximately a 1.2cm boarder of paper all around the cardboard. Turn over and smooth the paper to remove air bubbles.
- Cut the paper diagonally in the corners, fold over to the wrong side and secure in place with some double-sided tape.
- Cut a 16.5 x 69 cm strip of 160gsm paper. To make the accordion fold, use a ruler and bone folder to crease the length of the paper strip every 11.5cm. You should end up with six panels of paper 11.5 X 16.5cm.
- Attach the two ends of the accordion panel to the inside covers with double-sided tape.
- Finish by attaching your images onto the pages.