How cute are these! Even though bomboniere are greatly influenced by tradition, they are more adaptable than almost any other element of your wedding. Bring your table alive with these gorgeous, vibrant coloured bomboniere pouches. Fill with home made chocolates, traditional candied almonds or a meaningful gift to delight your guests. They are so easy to make so create your own colour palette to fit in with the theme of your day.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Three or four different coloured felt squares (this selection will depend on your colour theme)
- Craft glue
- Sewing materials
How to Create
- Download bag template
- Trace template onto felt fabric and cut out. Pin side seams and sew together allowing a ½ cm seam and leaving the top open.
- Trace flower templates onto contrasting coloured felt and cut out.
- Select two flowers of different sizes in contrasting colours and shapes, place the smaller one on top of the other, hold in place and glue together. Cut two slits either side of the centre of the flower making sure only to cut through all the layers of the bag. Thread ribbon through and tie at the back.
- Wrap food items in tissue or cellophane before placing in the bag and tie neatly.
TIP Select bomboniere before making the bags as the size of the bag can be adjusted depending on the size of the gift.