A beautiful bouquet is one of your most important bridal accessories. Chosen with care your bouquet will provide the starting point for all your wedding flowers."¨Bouquet design"¨The style of your gown will dictate the best shape of bouquet for you. Every bouquet is unique, but there are several basic styles to build from.
The posy bouquet
- Circular in shape
- Constructed using round flowers of equal size
- A modern posy uses the same principle
The formal posy bouquet
- Appears round in shape from front
- Conical in shape when viewed from the side
- Even edge of foliage bordering the flowers
- Flowers are placed in a rounded manner
The informal posy bouquet
- Not strictly round - flowers are placed in a less uniform pattern
- Equal flower and foliage colour on either side
- A casual look
The trail bouquet
- Can have either a narrow or wide trail
- Slender from top to tip and is usually symmetrical and evenly balanced
- Held with both hands and carried in line with the hips
The shower bouquet
- Top consists of a posy which then flows down into a single, narrow, long trail.
- Flowers in the trail are attached to a central wire giving the bouquet form.
The teardrop bouquet
- Structured posy top
- The trail is very wide which becomes a point at the bottom of the trail to form the teardrop shape.
The Biedermeier bouquet
- Classic symmetrical bouquet
- If ribbons are to be used in the construction of this bouquet, they should be symmetrically placed.
The sheaf-style bouquet
- Lies along the forearm or hangs from the hand
- Can be formed into a long, narrow construction of neat blooms or into a wider version with soft forms and trails
The natural stem bouquet
- Known also as a hand tied bouquet.
- Stems of the flowers are visible and are a feature.
- Generally not wired.
- Natural stem bouquet that is larger than a posy
- Arranged in a looser manner with the stems left longer
The size of your bouquet depends on your own size and shape! If you're fairly petite an oversized bouquet may swamp you; while long, slender bouquets flatter curvaceous brides.