In celebration of the 2nd edition of our stunning DIY magazine (just sent off to the printers!!) I wanted to share with you a beautiful little bag project I came across - it is so simple but so effective. I got busy this week on it - so here it is for all our DIY lovers.
This gorgeous little bag will be such fun for your bridesmaids to take to your wedding! Why not use materials that match your wedding theme colour - you could even give them their little bags as a way of telling them what colour they will be wearing!
These darlings are so easy to make - you may even want to make them for all the girls attending your wedding as a bomboniere pressie.
If you are a DIY fiend like me - you'll love the new DIY mag, which is due to hit the stands in October!
Materials you will need:
- 2 co-ordinating fabrics (8 inches x 11 inches - cutting 2 pieces from each fabric)
- A bit of 1 inch or wider ribbon
- and a meter of thinner ribbon
- Turn end of ribbon under 3/8" and place it at the side seam about 2" from the top of the bag.
- Ensuring that you keep the ribbon straight (I pinned it in place) sew along the top of the ribbon - stop before you reach the next side seam.
- Cut the ribbon off around 3/8" beyond the side seam.
- Turn the end of the ribbon under and stitch to the side seam.
If you aren't into the crafty biz - then here are some fun baggy bomboniere ideas your can simply buy....
I hope you have enjoyed this little bag lover blog!
Thank you to 7 Layer Studio for this fantastic quick and easy bag! I love it.
Pop by Facebook to hear all the latest comp notices and deets.
If you likes this - make sure you check out our DIY section of the website. It is jam-packed full of great, simple crafty ideas.