Attention DIY queens! It's time to spread the love around at your wedding with this DIY floral heart decor made from pixie carnations. The addition of a special message for your sweetheart will create the perfect romantic mood.
- Floral foam heart (available from floral sundries suppliers and craft stores)
- Sharp scissors or secateurs
- A vessel of water to soak the floral foam
- Lots of carnations! (Pixie carnations were used for this project)
How To Create Your DIY Floral Heart Decor Piece...
- Place the floral foam heart in a bucket of water and let it sink to the bottom so it is properly soaked.
- While the heart is soaking, prep the flowers. Trim the stems to approximately 4cm long cutting them at an angle for extra stabbing power. Remove any bruised petals.
- Remove the foam heart from the water, drain, and place it on a flat working surface.
- Starting at the top of the heart, push the flower stems into the foam at a uniform depth all around the outside edge.
- Continue inserting the carnations until you have completely covered the heart. See image 3.
- When finished, store in a cool place (not the refrigerator). When ready to give it to your sweetheart, don't forget to adorn it with a note and some tender words.
- Your DIY floral heart decor piece is ready to go!
Looking for more DIY ideas? Click here!