Make sure you get it right! Arrive in the stunning car you want without any fuss. Simply follow our trouble-free guidelines."¨Once you've decided on the look or make of car you want:
- Search Modern Wedding for transport companies in your area
- Check that the operator is accredited by the Department of Transport
- Start calling
Calling for an initial quote
Get an accurate quote - give the hire company as much detail as possible:
- What time they need to arrive
- Your destinations
- How may hours you need the cars for
- How many cars
- Number of people to be transported
Check out your car
The best way to choose a car:
- Go to see it
- Sit in it and imagine yourself on the big day
- Check whether you can enter and exit the car easily
- See if it will comfortably accommodate your bridal gown and headdress
- Inspect the car carefully to see how well it is maintained.
Check out your driver
- How your driver will be dressed
Check out the service
To determine the service ask what extras can you expect?
- A red carpet?
- How will the car be decorated?
- Can you choose the colour of the decorations?
- Will champagne be served after the ceremony on the way to the reception?
Check out the backup
Remember to ask what other vehicles are available in the event of a breakdown. Usually, if the car is well looked after inside and outside, then the same will be true under the bonnet, reducing the chance of a breakdown. Ask about insurance to make sure the car operator has full comprehensive cover for the cars.
Check out the pricing
Most companies require:
- A booking deposit
- The balance paid before the wedding or on the day.
- Usually charge by the quarter hour (ask if they only charge for the time used from the bride's home to the reception.) This can make a big difference to the cost.
- Most companies have a set rate for a set number of hours
- Get a quote so that you can compare prices.
- Book well in advance - at least six months prior to your wedding date - some dates are very popular.
- Complete a company form that outlines times, pick up and drop off destinations and addresses.
- Make sure you book your vehicle by registration number so that you can be certain you will receive the exact car you have chosen.
- Ensure your quote is firm and not subject to change.
Confirm it in writing
Confirm everything in writing and keep a copy for yourself. One week before the wedding, telephone to reconfirm all details.