Whether you want to relax and soak up the sun on a deserted tropical island or laze in front of a log fire, follow our guide to planning the perfect honeymoon and you'll be in for the holiday of a lifetime...
Choose a honeymoon destination that is everything your heart desires, so you'll remember this holiday forever.
- What are best times of the year to travel to your destination? You don't want to arrive at your secluded hideaway to find it's full of children on school holidays!
- When choosing your honeymoon hotel, indulge - don't skimp! Book the beachfront bungalow; the 'room with a view'; the king sized bed; swish bathroom with a spa; and enjoy the finest champagne!
Aussie honeymoon destinations
Australia has many magnificent destinations from way up in Far North Queensland all the way down to Tasmania, with many beautiful retreats in between. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Secluded beaches and rainforest of Coffs Harbour
- Rugged romance of the Blue Mountains
- Ancient rainforest, orchids and beautiful butterflies at Airlie Beach
- Stretch out on the endless sands of the Gold Coast
- Take a cruise, flight or tour and seek out the heart of Kakadu
- Culinary connoisseurs can head south to Launceston
- Enjoy the wine country of South Australia or Victoria
- For nature lovers, who can beat the beauty of Western Australia's untouched coral reefs?
International honeymoon destinations
So you're heading out of the country, and imagining long lazy days under a coconut palm tree, a quiet walk along a white sandy beach where the only footprints are your own, spectacular sunsets and a thatched roof hut just for the two of you? Great destinations for a tropical getaway are:
- Bali- and that's just the tip of the iceberg!
If lying on the beach is not for you and you are wanting a little more culture and adventure why not:
- Go trekking in Thailand
- Explore beautiful Vietnam
- Visting the Roman ruins in Italy
- Taste glorious wines from the vineyards in France
- Go shopping in Paris
- Go on an African safari
- Ski in Switzerland, Japan or Canada
It's a good idea to enlist the help of a travel agent. Try to have an idea of what you want before you go - that way the process will be quick and easy, and you'll be on your way."¨MW Tip: Many travel agencies offer really great packages in the off-seasons that can save you a motza!