A honeymoon in Australia is a very popular option for many couples living overseas - they love our natural attractions, beaches, fabulous food, welcoming tourism industry, vibrant and friendly culture, sense of adventure, good weather, beautiful and unique wildlife, and the vast array of options we offer for all sorts of budgets. What's not to love about honeymooning in Australia!
For many Australians a honeymoon in their own backyard is often not their first preference. Many newlyweds take the opportunity to travel overseas and while we love that idea too we also think a local honeymoon has so many positives.
It's easier on the wallet, you can travel throughout the year and still get great weather, you arrive at your destination much quicker, you're supporting the local economy, you're seeing a part of your own country and you're getting in on what international visitors can see plain and clear - Australia is a great place for a honeymoon!
Here are just some ideas for an Australian honeymoon:
- Relax your time away as a newly married couple on the beaches of Jervis Bay
- Get up close and personal with nature in Daintree Rainforest
- Go camping or campervanning with your new husband or wife
- Take a trip to beautiful Kangaroo Island (that's always been on my bucket list!)
- Take in the sights of an Australian city and stay in a luxury hotel
- Visit the iconic Great Barrier Reef and cruise around on a yacht
- Get yourself to Broome and experience its beauty and uniqueness
- Do a winery tour trip in Margaret River or hot air ballooning in the Hunter Valley
- Cuddle and camp in Kakadu National Park
- Visit Uluru and watch the beautiful sunsets with your loved one
- Relax after your wedding in laid back Byron Bay
There are SO many more places to visit in Australia. Whether you go the luxury path or are budget conscience, there is a perfect Australian destination for your honeymoon and it will be such a memorable way to spend your time as newlyweds. Enjoy Australia!
For more info on honeymooning in Australia visit www.australia.com.
If you're planning on a honeymoon in Australia or have had your honeymoon in Australia please let us know in the comments section below. We'd love to hear about your Aussie love experiences!