here is something special about receiving a handmade card. The pretty hearts are made from soft cotton fabrics and filled with lavender so not only do they look gorgeous they also smell divine. What a delightful way to express a heartfelt thank you to your guests after your wedding.
- scraps of assorted cotton fabric
- good quality card stock or
- handmade paper
- bone folder
- cutting board and knife
- needle and thread
- dried lavender
- tacky craft glue
How to create
- Cut card stock or paper to required size. Use the bone folder to make a crease in the centre of the card before folding. This will give the card a more professional finish.
- Trace heart template onto wrong side of fabric and cut out.
- With right sides facing each other, stitch together leaving a small opening on one side. Make small cuts around the edges of the heart as shown in diagram before turning the heart inside out and filling with lavender.
- Stitch the opening closed and glue onto card.