- cotton fabric in co-ordinated prints
- craft glue and invisible marker
- flower stamens
- button-covering kit
- self-adhesive foam dots
- satin ribbon
- bomboniere box
How to create
- Cut fabric into 9cm strips and apply fabric stiffener to the wrong side of fabric by spreading evenly with your fingers or applying with a 4cm wide foam brush. You need to use a reasonable amount of glue to be able to shape your flower. If glue is too thick dilute with a little water to make it more manageable. It's advisable to do a test on a sample of fabric before making the whole flower.
- Download template
- Once glue has dried, press the fabric. Using the invisible marker outline the petals on the wrong side of fabric and cut out two sets of petals in different fabrics. Remember not to press fabric that has invisible marker on it otherwise it becomes permanent.
- Shape each petal with your fingernails by running them along the outside edges and stretching fabric to make the petals curl. The fabric is quite robust and flexible from the glue and can take quite a bit of stretching.
- Make button according to instructions on packet. Before assembling the whole flower, cut stamens to approx 1.5cm and glue to the centre of the top petal only. Once dry, sew button to the centre. When assembling the flower if you want to put extra space between the petals place self-adhesive foam dots between each layer and then glue the petals in place to complete the flower.
- Attach ribbon to gift box and secure flower in place with glue.