Congratulations! You are getting married and can't wait to tell the world. Once you have told your parents the good news you can start telling your friends. If you want something more than an announcement in the newspaper, an informal engagement party, often held at the bride's parent's home, is ideal. The engagement party is usually a low- key event compared to the wedding so once you have made up your guest list, why not make a funky engagement invitation and include a save-the-date fridge magnet for your wedding day.
- complementary coloured card stock
- bone folder
- self-adhesive magnet sheet
- flat-back rhinestones
- passport size photos of engaged couple
- paper punch (optional)
- glue tape
- cutting mat and knife
How to create
- Using your computer, design the details of the invitation. Text should be approximately 60mm x 65mm in size to fit three invitations onto an A4 sheet of coloured card stock. Allow 15mm margin at the top and bottom of each section of text.
- Print onto card stock and then cut cards to required size. Example in picture is 8cm x 13cm.
- Cut strips of different card stock one slightly narrower that the other and glue together to form contrasting band.
- Place the photo and coloured band in position and make sure it is aligned correctly before gluing.
- Cut a square of magnet; remove paper backing and stick onto the back of the card.
- Finish off by gluing rhinestone in place.