>> Bohemian Crown
You will need:
18 gauge floral wire, fine floral wire, floral tape, secateurs, flowers and greenery
How to create:
1. Measure the 18 gauge floral wire to comfortably fit the crown of your head allowing roughly 5cm extra at each end. Wrap with floral tape. Bend both ends inward to form a hook shape, close one but leave the other hook open. The open hook end will be used later to loop through the closed hook to hold the ring together.
2. Prepare enough bundles of flowers to begin assembling the garland. Each bundle should be a mix of flowers and greenery with the stems bound with fine floral wire.
3. Starting at the taped hook end, place the first bunch of flowers in position and fix to the wire crown with floral tape. Place the next bunch on top of the stems of the first bunch and tape in position. The spacing may vary depending on whether you want a lush garden look or a more minimalist design.
4. Repeat this process until the headband has been covered. Bend it into shape and join the hooks.
>> Nymphet Garland
To adorn a headband with flowers, use the same procedure for making the bohemian crown (above). To enable the headband to sit comfortably on the head, place the larger blooms in the centre of the band with smaller flowers tapering away to the sides.
- Keep flowers fresh after assembling them by spraying with water and putting them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator - not the freezer.
- All materials can be sourced through your local florist, online floral sundries suppliers and local flower markets.
A NEW edition of Modern Wedding DIY magazine is coming soon! Subscribe to the Modern Wedding blog on our homepage so you don't miss out.