Beads are the perfect way to add sparkle to your wedding day look. The pretty beaded flower can be used to adorn your hairstyle or as an accessory to decorate your gown or veil.
- 200 glass bi-cone pink beads, 4mm in diameter
- 0.3mm silver jewellery wire
- green florist tape (optional)
- jewellery pliers
How to create
- Cut jewellery wire into three 12cm lengths, four 15cm lengths and five 17cm lengths.
- Starting with the smallest length of wire, thread ten beads so the beads are in the centre of the wire. Bend wire to form a loop and twist the ends together to secure the beads and form your first petal. Jewellery pliers can be useful here if you find this process a bit fiddly.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of your cut wire placing 15 beads onto the 15cm lengths and 20 beads onto the 17cm lengths.
- Cut an additional piece of wire 30cm in length. This will be used to join all the petals of the flower together. Start building the flower by wiring the three small petals together. Wind additional wire around the petal stems to hold in place.
- Position the four medium sized petals around the small petals and continue wrapping the remainder of the additional wire around the stems.
- Repeat this process with the five large petals.
- Finish off by trimming the ends of the wire and wrapping the stems in florist tape.
- Open out the petals and bend them into the shape you desire.
Bi-cone beads and silver jewellery wire supplied by Spotlight, www.spotlight.com.au