There are no limits when it comes to choosing wedding bomboniere. They need not be elaborate or expensive. A handmade edible offering to your guests is a lovely way to express your gratitude. These delicious bite-sized shortbread are quick and easy to make and will delight your guests.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 130g butter
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- One or two days before, make vanilla sugar by putting vanilla bean and icing sugar mixture in a screw top jar for the flavours to blend.
- To make biscuits, cream butter and vanilla-flavoured icing sugar before adding ground almonds and flour.
- Take heaped teaspoons of mixture and roll between palms shaping it to taper at the ends making a crescent shape.
- If mixture sticks to hands use a little extra flour.
- Bake at 160C for approximately 15 minutes. Don't let them go brown.
- Cool for ten minutes before rolling in extra vanilla sugar.