Cupcakes make people happy. It's that simple. If you're hosting a bridal event then whip up some edible happiness with this recipe for the BEST vanilla cupcakes.
1¼ cups cake flour*
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup canola oil
½ cup buttermilk
Pink food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs with the sugar, add the vanilla and oil and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk gradually, mix until combined and stir in the food colouring.
- The batter will be thin. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-14 minutes.
- When fully cooled, ice with your preferred icing.
Note * Cake flour has lower protein than traditional all-purpose plain flour and produces a softer texture in cakes. It is available in most supermarkets. If unavailable, use plain flour.
Cupcake wrappers and pink edible pearl toppers are available from www.cakesaroundtown.com.au