We're still basking in the balmy nights and sunny days of Summer, and at this time of year there is nothing more refreshing than a glass of Pimm's. This season Pimm's partnered with all natural Australian artisan, ice pop company, Pure Pops, to create the Pimm's Pop! We love the idea of serving this fruity treat at an engagement party, bridal shower or perfect at a summer garden wedding.
Lucky for you we've got the recipe right here so you can start serving a Pimm's Pop this weekend!
Pimm's Pop by Pure Pops
(0 Standard Drinks) Makes 6-8 (700ml) depending on mould size
- 500ml (2 cups) flat ginger ale
- 70ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 40ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 80ml mint syrup
- Thin slices of strawberries, cucumber and orange and mint sprigs to garnish
- Mint Syrup
- 100ml water
- 100ml sugar
- 1.5 cups of firmly packed mint leaves
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat stir to dissolve sugar, bring to the simmer
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool
- Bring a saucepan of water to the simmer. Add mint leaves, stir to submerge leaves. Blanch until bright green (20-30 seconds)
- Drain into a fine sieve and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain mint well, squeeze to remove excess water and combine in a food processor or blender with cool sugar syrup
- Blend until mint is finely chopped. Strain through a fine sieve (discard mint)
- You will need 80ml for the recipe. Remaining mint sugar syrup will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week
- Combine ginger ale, orange juice, lemon juice and mint syrup in an ice pop mould
- Arrange fruit slices and mint sprigs in moulds
- Top with liquid mix and freeze until slightly frozen (approx. 60 minutes)
- Insert ice cream stick and freeze until solid and fully frozen
- Submerge moulds halfway in cold water to remove, pull sticks gently and place in glass tumblers
Top each tumbler with a 30ml of Pimms No.1 Cup, lemonade and garnish to taste with strawberries, orange, cucumber and mint (0.6 Standard Drinks)
Special thanks to Pimm's and Pure Pops for sharing this awesome summer garden wedding inspired refreshment!
For more Pimm's-piration be sure to follow @pimmsaustralia
Enjoy your weekend!