Calling all DIY fanatics: here's an easy step-by-step on how to make a flower girl wand for your wedding.
This unique alternative to a bouquet or flower petals is a cute and budget-friendly option for your flower girl. She'll be able to wave it around during the wedding ceremony and you can personalise the flower and ribbons on the wand to suit your colour scheme. Not only is it a fun way to keep your flower girl entertained, she will also be able to keep it as a special memento of the day for years to come.
To make the wand, you will need:
One large artificial flower
Some colourful ribbons ribbons
Approximately 35cm length of thin dowel
A hot glue gun
How to make a flower girl wand:
- Cut the stem of the artificial flower to 10cm and hot glue it to the dowel.
- Cut a strip of ribbon twice the length of the dowel.
- To wrap the dowel with ribbon, hot glue one end of the ribbon to the bottom end of the dowel. Once dried and hardened, twist the ribbon around the dowel until you get to the other end and secure with hot glue.
- Attach the flower with hot glue.
- Cut a few extra long lengths of ribbon and attach with hot glue underneath the flower. Tie in a bow or leave to dangle and flap in the breeze.