Fiji is the ideal mix of exotic paradise, five star comfort, and adventure - the perfect recipe for more than a sprinkling of honeymoon bliss!
- Located across 200,000 square miles of the South Pacific Ocean
- Includes approximately 330 islands of which around 100 are inhabited.
- The four largest islands, Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Kadavu - and each are surrounded by coral reefs.
- Fiji's population is just under 780,000 and is perhaps the most cosmopolitan of all South Pacific nations
What to do
- Zip along the mangrove-lined passages in a jet-boat.
- Bamboo-raft along the streams and rivers
- Scuba-dive around the coral reefs
- Sailing, windsurfing, waterskiing, canoeing, kayaking and parasailing
- Take part in a meke, which is a traditional Fijian dancing
- Try some Kava - but not too much!
Why not have your ceremony on Fiji? Many couples go over and secretly wed in a private ceremony or they invite close friends and family for a more involved affair. You will be amazed at the wedding packages available - from an elaborate church built in the sand, to an exclusive exchange of vows under the shade of a palm tree. Regardless of whether you're planning to tie the knot or embark on a post-wedding adventure, Fiji is not to be missed.
All you need
All visitors to Fiji must have a passport that is valid for more than three months after the date of entry, adequate funds to support themselves during their stay and evidence of a return ticket (sorry to disappoint any aspirations to become a permanent local).
English is the official language of Fiji, but Fijian and Hindustani are also spoken.
The Fijian climate is so perfect that you could almost believe an island thermostat regulates the area - never too hot or too cold. "¨Dry season: May - October. Temps: 20C - 26C. "¨Wet season: November - April. Temps: 25C - 30C
June, July, August - typically 25C "¨December, January, February - 29C
The currency of the islands is the Fijian Dollar. All major credit cards are accepted.