Even though you've already made two big decisions - got hitched and found the perfect honeymoon destination - doubt and a twenty kilo limit linger in the air... But don't worry, with a few hot travel tips, there's a way to pack all the necessities - including your favourite outfit and still have room for souvenirs!"¨"¨Keep your carry-on luggage light!"¨It should hold:
- All documents - passport, airline, cruise or train tickets, the details of your flights and accommodation, an itinerary if you have one, maps.
- Wallet - including drivers license, insurance, bank and credit cards, and money.
- A book to read on the plane
- A spare pair of underwear, socks and a toothbrush - just in case your suitcase decides to take a detour through a different continent.
Include in your bag:
- One warm jumper and a plastic raincoat won't take up too much room. Plan for the impossible.
- Extra plastic bag- so your dirty laundry doesn't try to mingle with your crisp white shirt.
- Coordinate your outfits around a central colour - then you can mix and match.
- A pair of rubber thongs is very useful - they will come between you and the suspicious surface of your bathroom, they're great for reef walks if you holiday on a tropical island and can provide you with something to wear if your shoes get wet.
- A little flashlight can go a long way. You can get one small enough to use as a key ring and should your getaway suffer a sudden blackout, or if you convince your one-and-only to consult his map after dark - it will come in very useful!
- Travel medical kit - Include general medication for common ailments such as stomach aches and fever, cold medicine, anti diarrhoea tablets, laxatives, antiseptic cream and calamine lotion.