PLACE SETTING PLACE MATS
One way to give your tables a distinctive look is to make your own place mats. Draw your own design or download our A3 place mat template and print out on paper that fits in with your colour theme. Either way, making the effort to create your own place mats will add to the look and presentation of your tables.
You can make a tassel out of almost anything -- wool, silk thread, embroidery cotton and even humble packing twine. For the best results, steam or iron out any kinks before making the tassels.
Materials: Heavy cardboard, twine, jute or string, scissors.
How to create:
- Cut a piece of cardboard double the length of the finished tassel.
- Wind the twine firmly around the cardboard remembering that after wrapping and folding, the finished tassel will be twice as thick.
- Cut a 15cm length of twine, thread it through one end of the looped twine and tie a knot. See image 1. Slide looped twine off the cardboard.
- To shape the top of the tassel, cut a 30cm length of twine and tie a knot approximately 2cm from the top. Wrap the twine tightly around the tassel to form the bulb. Tie a double knot to secure and tuck the ends into the tassel.
- Cut open the other end of the tassel and trim any uneven ends if necessary.
- Attach to your project.
For more DIY wedding projects check out the DIY wedding page of our website!