Our delicate little cake topper adds impact with lots for pretty texture! Learn how to make yours with our tutorial below!
- 18 gauge floral wire
- White floral tape
- Assorted leaf and flower paper punches
- White paper (at least 100gsm)
- 5mm double-sided adhesive foam pads
- hot glue gun
- Mark the centre of a 45cm length of floral wire. This will be the centre point of the heart.
- Starting from the centre, shape one side of the wire into a heart shape, then repeat on the other side.
- Cut an additional length of floral wire 9cm long and glue it in between the wires at the open end of the heart. This will be inserted into the cake when finished. See image 1.
- Wrap the completed wire heart in white floral tape.
- Punch from a piece of firm white paper a selection of flowers and leaves in varying sizes.
- Three dimensional flowers have been used to decorate the heart. To make these, use double-sided adhesive foam pads between the petal layers. See image 2.
- Organise your flowers and leaves into groups before you start glueing them to the wire frame. Note: Both sides of the wire heart need to be decorated as the finished heart will be seen from both sides. Begin by attaching the flowers to one side of the frame with hot glue. See image 3. When completed, turn over and repeat on the other side.
- When all the flowers are in position, glue leaves randomly amongst the flowers.
For more gorgeous wedding DIY ideas, be sure to check out the latest issue of Modern Wedding DIY Magazine on sale now!