The black colour trend has been around for quite some time now and shows no signs of abating. Black inspires sleek sophistication while silver inspires timeless elegance. Brides continue to pick this winning combination as the driving colour scheme for their wedding. I love how black gives a modern edge but silver creates this really whimsical atmosphere. Check out the inspiration board below!
Hints for a black & silver wedding theme:
- Create interest and variation with different shades of silver.
- Limit the use of black decorations to trimmings, small details or use in patterns. Avoid large blocks of black colour when decorating.
- Keep flowers neutral so you don't introduce another colour. Let green leaves in the bouquet or centrepiece provide a fresh colour pop.
- Think about your makeup. Avoid bright coloured eye shadow and lipstick - opt for smoky eyes in silver or charcoal and a neutral lipstick.
- If your bridesmaids are wearing black, accessorize them with chunky silver jewellery.
- Silver ties or bow ties are great for groom and groomsmen.
- Use glassware or diamantes/diamonds to compliment silver and create texture.
Shop according to colour theme at the Modern Wedding Shop where you will find decorations, party favours, accessories for the bridal party and more.
Are you into the black colour theme OR hate it? Drop by our facebook and let us know!