Good m... afternoon Modettes! Isn't it funny when you look at the clock one minute and suddenly it's eight hours later. Where did today go? And for that matter, where did 2011 go? Believe it or not, we're already two months into 2012, so it's time to be looking forward to what the big trends are going to be for the next year, and doing a little sneaky reportage from behind-the-scenes too.
We spent the entire day at the gorgeous Quay West yesterday reviewing what's going to be big in bridal fashion in the next 12 months, and here's what we discovered...
1. Sydney looks amazing no matter what the weather and the view from Quay West is awesome. Ok, that's just an easy one to help me warm up 😉
2. The Princess Bride never left the building. She was just around the corner tidying herself up a little and getting rid of some of those extra bits and pieces. (Above: Amanda from Halo Bridal with a piece from her new season collection.)
3. Colour is going to be BIG. And we can't wait! Add a dash to your gorgeous white gown with a unique belt, like the ones above from JN Bridal.
4. Black is back! Like it or not, bridal designers are always looking for clever ways to personalise your gown, and we saw loads of beautiful black lace embellished gowns, black beading and black ruffles. Definitely a statement piece from Mon Cheri above.
5. Your bridesmaids now have more choice than ever before, thanks to clever designers like Sandra and Garth Pitman from Sugar & Spice (above with Modern Wedding Editor-in-Chief Victoria Black) seeing an opportunity to create wonderful quality, unique, non-cringe-worthy bridesmaids dresses that can be worn again, available in all the colours of the rainbow.
6. Accessories are a great way to personalise your gown without looking overdone. (And I look awesome in white faux fur... Who knew?) We're starting to see lots of gorgeous little wraps, boleros, capes and capelettes, as well as loads of clever gown straps, earrings and bracelets that will make you swoon for more. (Just like the one I'm wearing from Halo Bridal.)
And designers are saying over and over again, brides are finally starting to dress for their shape! Hooray! That's what we love to hear. Embrace your shape, make it beautiful and find a gown to fit you... not the other way around!
Enjoy your afternoon 🙂
p.s. looking for more fashion inspiration? Check out our Fashion Gallery!