Handmade finishing touches can elevate something simple into something unique. A paper butterfly on a crisp linen napkin or attached to paper lanterns will instantly create a sense of occasion.
- paper lantern
- tissue paper
- fine 0.3mm wire
- sticky dots
How to create
- Select your paper. This can be soft tissue or colourful wrapping paper.
- Draw a square 90cm X 90 cm and a circle 80cm in diameter and cut each out.
- Fold square in half. Fold one side back on itself and then fold into 5mm pleats until folding is complete. Repeat on the other side.
- Follow the same procedure for the circle.
- Take one pleated square and one pleated circle and secure tightly together at the middle with a 15cm piece of fine wire. The wire ends then become the butterflies' antennae (see image 2).
- Open out the pleats to make four wings and shape the wire to form the antennas (see image 3).
- Attach to paper lantern with sticky dots.